“Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” (Lk 24:32)
On the road to Emmaus, the disciples who had witnessed the tragedy of the cross left Jerusalem in fear and sadness of what had come of their master. However, along the road, they encountered the risen Christ and noticed that within them, in the depth of their hearts, they were speaking with the God who knows them, loves them and desires them profoundly, driving them to go back to Jerusalem and enter into the community of believers.
It is God’s desire that all of His children be saved and enjoy the heavenly banquet. Along the way we are drawn to His heart and to participate within the heart of the Church. Just like the disciples, we are invited to participate fully within the community of believers and worship our God in and through the sacraments.
The Order of Christian Initiation of Adults is the journey by which adults 18 years or older become fully initiated members of the Roman Catholic Church. During O.C.I.A. you will develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through His Body, the Church. The aim of this journey is to bring us, the faithful of Christ, to his full stature and to enable us to carry out the mission of the entire people of God in the Church and in the world.
The process is concerned with the total formation of the person into:
- Believing with the Church community (doctrinal formation).
- Living with the Church community (practical formation).
- Praying with the Church community (liturgical formation).
- Serving with the Church community (apostolic formation).
The OCIA is intended to serve:
- The unbaptized who would like to learn more about the Catholic religion.
- Those baptized in another religion who think they might like to become Catholic.
- Those baptized Catholic who have not completed the Initiation Sacraments or who have not been raised in the Faith.
Father Nicholas Toledo
Please print and complete the form and bring it with you when you meet with Father Nick.